The Production Process
Steps in The Production Process
We know what we’re doing, but we don’t make assumptions
At Intermedia, we’re dedicated to providing the perfect video for your company. While we have decades of in-house experience, and an enviable list of clients, we treat each new project as its own unique challenge. We keep you informed during all stages of production (or some clients just say make me a brilliant video and give us no information – either way is fine!). From scripting and storyboarding, through to filming, editing, voiceover record, music and grading (colour correction to add production value). Everything needed for effective project management, and that all-important perfect production.
Whilst every project is unique, here’s a breakdown of a ‘typical’ production process:
1) The process begins with you! Whatever type of video you need, we’re here to help. Call us on 01584 318469, email us at email@example.com, or use our contact form and tell us more about your requirements.
2) We’ll get back to you in a timely manner with a proposal that delivers against your brief and budget. As with every stage of the production process, this is all about communication, and we welcome your feedback and interaction.
3) Once everything has been agreed, we’ll begin planning the shoot. This might include a pre- meet with some of your employees, discussing the needs of your company, and tying down the message you’re looking to get across. We’ll also do some behind-the- scenes stuff, like making sure we can get our equipment to the right place at the right time and ensuring availability of staff and locations.
4) Once the filming’s been done, rushes are ingested onto one of our 4k editing stations, and we begin the process. The first stage is normally to record the voiceover to the approved script (assuming narration is necessary). We then begin to edit, grade, add motion graphics/3D, and craft your video.
5) During the editing process, we provide online updates so that you can view and approve key stages of the production process. This is the time for you to provide feedback. We know we’re good at what we do, but video is a subjective thing, and we want to get it right first time without any unnecessary retrospective ‘fixes’ that could have been avoided. (Yep – we’ve been there!)
6) Once the video is finished, and we have your final approval, we’ll provide you with your video in a range of playback formats and qualities. We’re also happy to upload to any of your social media channels if you need us to, and provide advice on how to get the best return on your investment.